Hosting Holiday Houseguests
The holidays are here and the houseguests are coming. Prepping for your overnight visitors during the holidays doesn’t need to take long – and most of it can be done well ahead of time. Just like Santa, all you need to do is make a list and check it twice to see that all is nice for your company!
- Make up the guest room: Put on clean bedding and set out an extra blanket. Vacuum and dust. Guests always appreciate an empty drawer or shelf if you’ve got the space. It’s always nice to set out a bottle or two of water, a couple of magazines, and snacks for the midnight munchies.
- Ready the bathroom: Clean the tub/shower, sinks, mirrors and toilets. Empty the trash and make sure there is extra toilet paper. Put out extra towels and toiletries for your guests.
- Tidy the house: You don’t need to give it a full blown cleaning, but clear the clutter, wipe off the countertops, dust and vacuum.
- Be ready for early risers: Have coffee and tea supplies ready to go along with a few snacks so your guests can help themselves in the morning.
- Kids coming?: Regardless of the age of the kids, put breakables away. If your visitors are very young be sure to secure medication, put gates on stairs, cover electrical outlets, childproof any kitchen cabinets that have cleaning supplies or put the supplies out of reach of little hands.
- Nice little extras: Your guests will love you for these thoughtful amenities; power strips and plugs for chargers, a hair dryer, cozy robes, and spare toothbrushes.
All ready? Relax and enjoy!
Post a Comment