Pre-Party Check List
It’s party time! You’ve checked and double-checked your to-do list. Food is ready, drinks are chilling, the decorations are up, music is cued, and the holiday lights are glowing. It’s time to take one last look around and make everything is party perfect before welcoming your guests.
- Get yourself ready! Before putting the last minute touches on the house, be sure you are dressed and ready to party. You wouldn’t want an early-bird guest catching you still outfitted in your bathrobe.
- Declutter. Clean up the entryway (indoors and out) and make a last minute check around the house for clutter. If you don’t have time to put items away, stick them in a closet to deal with later.
- Empty the dishwasher. Trust me, you’ll thank yourself in the morning.
- Take out the trash and recycling. Who wants to deal with an overflowing trashcan during the party.
- Give the bathroom a once-over. Check for soap, hand sanitizer, and towels, you might want to consider putting out some fancy paper hand towels. Be sure to put out an extra roll or two of toilet paper where guests can find it.
- Clear out the coat closet. Your guests will appreciate having a place to hang their coats and handbags.
- Set the lighting. Turn on the front lights, holiday lights, and adjust the interior lights. Light candles - or better yet, turn on the battery operated ones.
Relax and enjoy your party!