Questions To Ask Your Eichler Listing Agent
One of the first decisions you need to make when you’ve decided to sell your Eichler is who your listing agent will be. Earlier this week, I offered some tips on finding some good prospects. Once you’ve narrowed the field and set up interviews with realtors for listing presentations on the sale of your Eichler home, you’ll want to be sure you’ve done your homework and are prepared with some key discussion points. To get you started, I’ve prepared a list of some of the questions I am frequently asked.
- How much should I ask for my Eichler? Pricing is at the front of most sellers’ minds. Setting a realistic price from the start is key. You want to get a fair price for your home and a knowledgeable agent will arrive at the listing presentation armed with “comps” and/or a Market Analysis for similar Eichler home sales in your neighborhood.
- What will your marketing strategies be? Good advertising can make all the difference in the world. Will your home be advertised online? How about flyers and real estate advertising pamphlets? Will your realtor be holding any open houses or brokers’ previews? What kinds of signage will be used?
- Do you have a strong Internet presence? A busy website can provide great advertising exposure for your home. A tech-savvy agent is a must in today’s real estate world.
- Why should I consider using a realtor who specializes in Eichler homes? What sets an Eichler specialist apart from a standard agent when it comes to marketing your Eichler home? Will it cost me more to use an Eichler specialist?
- Can you supply references? Ask for references and check them out.
- How many sales did you close last year? Past performance may well indicate the future!
- What are your fees? Realtor fees are typically a percentage of the selling price, which are split between the buyer’s agent and the listing agent.
- Once we sign a contract, what are my obligations? Be sure you understand how the listing agreement will affect you.
- What services do you provide me as the seller? Your listing agent will be professionally bound to market your home, schedule showings, provide you with feedback from prospective buyers, review all offers with you, coordinate inspections once an offer has been accepted, and manage escrow. It’s what goes beyond the basics that sets a good realtor apart from the rest. Does the realtor you are considering:
- Use professional photographers?
- Do staging or have a relationship with a professional stager?
- Recommend and schedule contractors and vendors who can make repairs and help put your home in good “show” condition?
- Have technological resources to give your home an advertising advantage?
The Eichler For Sale team welcomes the opportunity to offer you our thoughts on selling your Eichler home. For a no-obligation, no-cost appointment visit our website and fill out our handy seller’s contact form or give me a call at 415-EICHLER (415-342-4537).