Ring In A Kid Friendly New Year
Looking for some family-friendly activities to ring in the New Year? I’ve found some fun activities for our Eichler and MCM friends up here in northern California. (The activities aren’t MCM-centric, however. I think traditionalists will find these to their liking as well!) For those of you with little ones, many of these celebrations take place early in the day, which allows them to get in on the fun and still be home by bedtime.
In the Bay Area you’ll find kid oriented NYE festivities throughout the area.
- Ring in the New Year with Bubble and Beads at the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito, 12/31/15 from 9 am – 2 pm.
- Celebrate Happy New Year, Charlie Brown at the Charles Schultz Museum in Santa Rosa, 12/31/15 10 am – 4 pm.
- Out with the old with the Lawrence Hall of Science NYE Balloon Drop in Berkeley, 12/31/15 12-2 pm.
- Another kid-friendly Balloon Drop celebration will be at the Chabot Space + Science Center in Oakland. Times vary and registration is required. 12/31/15 11 am – 4 pm.
- For the young equestrian in your household, Castle Rock Arabians in Walnut Creek offers a New Year’s Eve Overnight camp! Drop off at 3 pm on NYE. Pick up time is 11 am the next day.
- Then, of course, there is always the Fireworks on the Bay. Best viewing is on the Embarcadero in San Francisco, between Folsom and Mission Streets.
Sacramento has its fair share of New Years fun for the little guys as well.
- Visitors to the Discovery Museum Science & Space Center can explore exhibits and make a New Year Banner to take home.
- The Crocker Art Museum brings a multi-cultural New Years experience with Noon Year’s Eve: A Free Family Festival, 12/31/15 10 am – 2 pm.
- New Years Eve Sky Spectacular fireworks fun for the family includes a DJ, magician, games, and two fireworks shows in historic Old Sacramento.