Seven Great Ways To Beat The Winter Blues
I actually (mostly) like this time of year. The holidays are over; they were fun but oh, so busy. Now is the quiet time – which I totally appreciate. That being said, the long nights and winter gloom can get to be a bit much. I’ve got a few suggestions to help brighten up the winter doldrums.
- Break out the mop and dust rag. Clean the floors, dust the furniture, plump up the cushions on the sofa. It’s a fact that things feel better when the house is clean.
- Take a walk. Getting out into the open air for 15-30 minutes every day is a mood-booster. Mom was right - there is something to be said for a little sunlight and fresh air.
- Cuddle up. Thanks to my sister, our home has a few new cozy blankets. Snuggle up with a blanket and a movie or good book.
- Find a new hobby. Always wanted to learn to knit or throw a pot? There is no time like the present!
- Join a group or sign up for a class. From yoga classes to book clubs, getting out and socializing while sharing with others is a great way to pass the time.
- Draw a bath. Bath salts, bubbles, soft music and a glass of wine will cure whatever ails you; and the negative ions created by running water create positive vibes.
- Give your home a facelift. A change of scenery can be a real mood modifier; but no one ever said you have to go somewhere to make that happen. A little scenery adjustment can be within your four walls. Check out our remodeling photo gallery for a host of ideas that can spruce up your Eichler – and brighten your winter.
Last, but not least, Happy New Year to all! As we speak, the days are already getting longer and soon Spring will be in the air.