Staging Your Eichler For Sale
After you have discussed pricing and signed a listing agreement, one of the first things your Eichler realtor is likely to suggest is staging, which is really just a fancy term for getting your home in tip-top shape. The goal is to highlight your home’s best features and appeal to a broad spectrum of potential buyers. Your realtor may even bring in a professional stager to help with the process.
When getting your home ready for show, a few things are obvious:
- Declutter. All clutter must go - even if you must use offsite storage. While being surrounded by your things might be your style, it won’t appeal to everyone. Being free of your personal items will help buyers envision putting their own stamp on the home.
- Clean your home. And keep it clean. Windows need to sparkle, hardwood or tile floors should gleam, and carpeting should be steam cleaned and kept vacuumed. Stoves, sinks, countertops, and furniture must be uncluttered, spotless and dust free.
- Make those repairs you’ve been putting off. Whether it is a do-it-yourself project or one that needs a professional help just do it. A home in good repair will bring a higher price than one with torn screens and sagging downspouts. You may no longer even notice the problems – but prospective buyers will be looking with a different eye.
- Every room should have a purpose. If you’ve been using a spare room as a junk room, redefine it and turn it into an organized hobby room, office, exercise room, or guest bedroom. If you don’t have furnishings consider borrowing from friends, renting, or perhaps your stager can help you out.
- Boost your curb appeal. Keep the lawn mown, flowerbeds and borders planted and tidy, and walkways clean. Add a welcoming touch with potted plants, a welcome mat and, if you have the space, a couple of porch chairs.
- Pay attention to detail. All the towels in the bathrooms should match and be perfectly clean. Clothes should be put away – and the dirty clothes hamper needs to be out of sight. Cupboards and the fridge should be organized and clean. Kids toys should be attractively displayed. And, in the best of all worlds, the garage should have little more than the car in it.
From furniture rearrangement to repainting walls with sophisticated neutral colors, preparing your Eichler for sale sets the stage for selling your home successfully. Visit our photo gallery for more inspiration. If you would like more information on selling your Eichler home, please give me a call at 415-EICHLER (415 342-4537) or fill out my contact form. I am an experienced Eichler realtor – and a proud Eichler homeowner!