Tips For Spring Home Maintenance
Spring officially sprang on March 20. Know in some circles as the vernal equinox, the first day of spring begins the moment the equator passes the center of the sun bringing us a day of equal daylight and dark (thus the word equinox). In addition to longer days and warmer weather, the arrival of spring reminds us that summer is just around the corner and it’s time to shed our winter ways and get into the spirit of spring! Take care of these to-dos this weekend and you’ll be ready to sit back and enjoy all the brightness of the season.
- Get your taxes out of the way. April 15 is just around the corner. Don’t wait until the last minute; do it and get it over with. You’ll feel so much better…
- Clear winter out of the house. Clean out the fridge, wipe down the kitchen cabinets, and steam-clean the carpets.
- Change up the bedding. Exchange the heavy winter duvet for lighter weight covers.
- Wash windows and check screens.
- Tune up the gardening equipment.
- Set up lawn and patio furniture.
- Give the exterior of your house a once over from rooftop to foundation, checking for any leaks or damage winter storms may have caused.
- Last, but not least, bring spring inside with fresh flowers or blooming bulbs.
If you feel further moved to do some remodeling, painting, or landscaping, spring is a great time to do that as well. For inspiration, check out our comprehensive photo gallery of ideas.