You Found A Great Eichler Realtor To Help Sell Your Home - Now What?
Once you have selected a realtor to assist you in the sale of your Eichler home, you can expect “soup to nuts” representation. A good agent will be able to help you with every aspect of the sale – from determining a realistic price to your signing on the dotted line. Once you have chosen a realtor, he/she will:
- Meet with you to plan initial strategy. This will include pricing and giving your home the once-over to determine anything that needs sprucing up or fixing. You will also need to sign a listing agreement, if you haven’t already done so.
- Help you prep your Eichler for sale. Your realtor can help set up appointments with stagers and any vendors that might be needed for repairs or giving your property a bit of a face-lift.
- List your property. Your realtor will arrange for professional photos, install “For Sale” signs, and give your home visibility on the Internet and elsewhere.
- Market your home. Preparing advertising brochures and flyers and getting your Eichler listing up and running on the Internet is part of what you can expect. Your agent will also work with you to schedule an open house and/or brokers’ tour.
- Schedule showings. Your agent will serve as liaison between you and brokers for prospective buyers.
- Provide you with feedback from prospective buyers. After your house has been shown, your realtor will follow up with the buyer’s agent and keep you posted.
- Review all offers with you. Not all offers are equal. Your realtor can help you determine which offer is the most viable for your and your home.
- Negotiate for the best price and terms. There are times when a counter-offer is in order.
- Coordinate inspections. Most, if not all, home sales require inspections. Your realtor will arrange for all necessary inspections.
- Manage escrow. Escrow involves a lot of paperwork and includes working with a title company. Your agent will handle this and manage the escrow process.
While all of this might sound complicated, an experienced realtor will help ease the way. Many homeowners find that the hardest part of the sale comes after your home is sold and it is time to pack up and move out. You’re on your own for that (although your realtor may be able to recommend a reliable moving company…)
If you are thinking about selling your Eichler home, please give me a call at 415-EICHLER (415 342-4537) or fill out our handy contact form and I’ll get in touch with you.