Landscaping an Eichler or Mid-Century Modern Home
The California climate provides Eichler owners with limitless possibilities when landscaping their mid-century modern home. While unlimited possibilities exist, there are some general guidelines and tips to keep in mind when designing a landscape or garden to compliment Eichlers or other midcentury modern homes:
- Allow the geometry of the home to guide the overall design of the landscape & garden,
- Select water-wise plants that maintain their foliage year-round,
- Allow hardscape elements to carry from the front yard to the back (including the atrium),
- Repeat the use of certain plants throughout the landscape,
- Consider a water feature,
- Mix materials to create variety with textures (rock, grass, wood, metal, crushed stone)
Below you will find a variety of Eichler landscaping photos from various homes that our Eichler for Sale Team has sold. We hope these mid-century modern home landscaping pictures provide Eichler owners ideas and inspiration for their landscape projects.
CLICK on any photo to enlarge.